Pandala is a village in South Sulawesi around 85 km south of Makassar. The area is severely deforested to meet the demand of fire wood for brick making home industries in the neighboring areas.
We initiated conservation project since 2008 to regain sustainable environment.
The project is open for volunteering to support us. Volunteers may work voluntarily in different works.
- Tree planting
- Digging rain water well for ground water recharge
- Fill in cracking ground with organic materials
- Installing solar panels on villagers roof top.
- Installing roof top rain water collection for ground water recharge.
Volunteers will stay seven days including arrival and departure days. A short city tour on arrival or departure days depend on the flight time.
Volunteers contribute usd 350.- per person to cover:
– Picking up on arrival and departure at the airport
– Transport to and from project location
– Accommodation and food at villagers/farmers house.
– Tree seedling
– Short city tour in Makassar depend on time available on arrival or on
departure (should be planned).